Grounding System Assessments
Assessments are essential for aging facilities, prior to and following expansions, or when problems are suspected because a system failed to respond as intended. HP&D grounding specialists conduct a thorough analysis to verify the safety, design, and performance of your grounding system. Using any (or all) of the tests listed above, along with system modeling and engineering analysis, we identify:
- Improperly installed ground bonding conductors
- Corroded ground conductors
- Inadequately grounded items
- Disconnected or deteriorated underground conductors
- Other concerns with your grounding system
Planned Maintenance / Facility Maintenance
- Internal / interior bonding and grounding survey
- Grounding study
- Annual/biannual grounding testing
- Point-to-point integrity testing
- Bonding/continuity testing
- Tank / frame / cubicle bonding testing
Our test method uses a four-wire (Kelvin) measurement instead of the typical two-wire measurement providing more accurate results. Each test includes a phase angle measurement that gives a comprehensive analysis of the bond, avoiding false positives. Our report will analyze the results and give you a definitive answer about the condition of your grounding/bonding system.
HP&D offers additional assessments, including safety (per IEEE Standard 80 or IEC 479), steady-state, and lightning protection.